We have made all the SURGERY Instruments full set or list with the Names, Description, Uses with Pictures. in you medical ward you will see all this instruments/equipments/devices. So full knowledge regarding all this devices is necessary for your medical and surgical practice and also during exams.
Made up of stainless steel and has a single curve at the middle.
There are two ends, the curved end fits the chin, and the upper end remains over the tongue.
1. Oral examination :
- To retract lips and cheek for better viewing the oral cavity.
- To test gag reflex.
The body is made up of plastic and the body hold a metal needle.
—There are total 10 parts :
- Luer Lock plug
- Flashback chamber
- Needle Grip
- Luer Connector
- Injection port cap
1. To Create a long term path for accessing the venous blog channel.
2. Used in repetitive invasive procedures like :
- Administration of fluids
- Blood Products
- Normal Saline and Medications
- Parenteral Nutrition
- And also can be used in chemotherapy
Electronic device which has a plastic body.
1. Cutting tissues : Used to cut unwanted and harmful tissues and removal of them also.
2. Blood Vessels : Used to Burn and Seal the blood vessels during any surgery.
Net like structures created by inorganic and biological materials.
1. Providing Support : to provide support for prolapsing organs either temporarily or permanently.
Mainly used in Hernia Surgery.
FINOCHIETTO SELF RETAINING CHEST WALL RETRACTOR
Metallic body and has two blades, one blade slides through another blade via sharp and long saw like part.
It is used to separate the Ribs during Thoracic surgery.
Made up of stainless steel and has curved Jaws and a Handle.
Mainly used to hold back tissue and deep organs in the abdomens.
SELF RETAINING ABDOMINAL RETRACTOR
One of the retractor’s two blades glides up and down on a horizontal bar. A screw can be used to secure the sliding retractor to the horizontal bar. The third blade is held in place by a screw that runs between the blades.
Used as Abdominal retractor in :
1. Minilaparotomy : The Surgeon put incision less than 5cm in length and the retractor further helps to keep open the incision and make a wide view.
2. Gastric surgeries like gastrectomy, vagotomy.
3. Removal of adrenal gland.
4. Liver surgeries
DOYEN’S CROSS TOWEL CLIP
Made up of stainless steel and has two arms.The two arms ends forms a circular ring by crossing each other.
1. Fixing Draping Towels
2. Fixing Diathermy cables, Suction tubes etc.
3. Holding Ribs while elevating flail segment of the chest.
JOLL’S SELF RETAINING THYROID RETRACTOR
Made up of stainless steel and has two arms connected with each other by screw joint.
1. To retract the soft tissues and enhance the visualization of the surgical field in thyroid and vaginal surgeries.
1. Pneumoperitoneum : To create pneumoperitoneum during laparoscopic surgery.
MAYO’S TOWEL CLIP
Forceps like structures. Made up of stainless steel and has 6 parts :
- Finger Ring
- Box Joint
- Curved jaws
- To fix the draping sheets.
- To fix instruments like Diathermy cables, laparoscopic camera cable, suction tubes to the draping sheets.
- Sometimes it may be used as tongue holding forceps.
BULL DOG ARTERIAL CLAMP
Metallic body with two limbs which re twisted at the middle to form a clip.
—-Upper surface of the arms are serrated.
1. Holding the blood vessels : To Stop blood flow to a organ of interest , mainly used in coronary artery bypass surgery.
2. Used to hold sutures and others tissues.
LANE INTESTINAL CLAMP
Forceps like structure with longitudinal at the jaws.
1. Grasping large organs : To Grasp and occlude large organs such as stomach and the intestine during general surgeries.
DOYEN’S INTESTINAL CLAMP
Finger bows, a couple of shafts, and a pair of long blades make up this instrument. The blades are lighter, and the blades have vertical serrations. The blades are brought together by a ratchet during closure.
1. For Resection : Anastomosis of the Intestine incase of ;
- Accidental injuries to the gut
- Intestinal growths
- Gastric/Intestinal Bypass operations
- Strangulated Hernia
Skin grafting device used to harvest a skin graft taken from a donor area.
1. Skin Slices : to produce thin slices of skin from a donor area, in order to use them for making skin grafts.
Mainly used in Grade-3 burns.
Made up of stainless steel and has a Handle and a cutting blade used to shave off a layer of skin mainly used for skin grafting.
1. Skin Grafting : To produce thin slices of skin from a donor area, in order to use them for making skin grafts.
Mainly used in Grade-3 burns or trauma.
Scissors has mainly 6 parts :
- Finger rings
- Screw joint
- Straight and Curved sharp cutting jaws
1. Tissue Cutting : During any surgical procedures, it is used to cut tissues at the surface or inside the human body.
2. Bandage : Bandage scissors can be used to cut bandages without gauging the skin.
Made up of stainless steel and has two blades which can be adjusted by the screw mechanism.
Diagnostic Uses :
- Taking Pap smear
- Colposcopic Examination
Therapeutic Uses :
- Introducing an IUD
- Cauterization of vaginal erosion
SATINSKI BICURVED CLAMP
Made up of stainless steel and has two arms and curved blades. Two sided limbs are connected with each other via box joint. And it also has a ratchet system to lock and unlock at a specific position.
1. Stopping the blood flow : Specially designed to control blood flow in the Vena Cava vein.
2. Mainly used in some Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic surgeries
Multiple access port designed to perform laparoscopic surgeries by a single incision.
1. In Laparoscopic surgeries : To enable laparoscopic surgeries through a single incision.
Also called ligating clip and made up of metal.
Used as extra ligating metallic clip in both open and endoscopic surgeries.
Made up of stainless steel and has a cannula for the trochar.
1. To access and drain collections of fluids such as in a patient with Hydrothorax or Ascites.
It has mainly 5 parts :
- Connector for vaccum
- Thumb-control alve
1. Sucking up Blood/Fluid : To suck up blood or any kind of fluid secretion during medical or surgical procedures.
A small metallic tool which has two ends :
— The tips of the curette is a small scoop, hook, or gauge.
- Scraping of biological tissue or debris in a biopsy, excision, or cleaning procedures.