This is known as increase in size or density of lymph nodes in the Axilla region due to various causes.
I. Location/Position/Relations of Axillary groups of lymph nodes :
- Laterally to 3rd and 4th rib and medially to the upper end of humerus.
- Along the biceps brachii short head.
- Above the axillary artery.
1. Causes of Axillary lymph node swelling :
- Bacterial and viral infection
- Vaccination for measles, small pox, tuberculosis
- Cat-scratch fever
- Strep throat
- Autoimmune lmphoproliferative syndrome
2. Treatment of Axillary lymph node swelling :
- If it is due to any infection, then we can use specific Antibiotics, Anti-viral agents, and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- If cause due to any Malignancy, then we need to excise out the lymph nodes surgically.
- In case of any Malignancy we can give chemotherapy.